"I call them my little butterflies. They flew in just long enough to steal a part of my heart, and then flew away to Heaven."

Friday, April 20, 2012

Volunteers and Donations!

I never cease to be amazed at the generosity of others.  There are now family, friends and complete strangers offering to crochet and/or knit hats, booties and afghans, sew quilts and gowns.  There have also been monetary donations to purchase supplies to create these items.  God is good, and I am humbled!
Crocheted by Candy
Within the last couple of days, two ladies have e-mailed photos to show what they have started creating.  I'm so excited!  They are doing such an awesome job.

Crocheted by Marianne
I know there are others who have started crafting or will be soon and I can't wait to share your creations with everyone.  Please send photos so I can brag on you! :) 

Because of the interest in donating funds by those who do not consider themselves crafty people, I have been keeping track of the expense involved to do certain items (and will continue to do so for future updates).  Keep in mind that I am one of those people who never pay full price for anything....sale items only....to say that I'm a frugal person is an understatement! :) 

Below are a few examples of how far the money can go:


$ 20.00 = 48 preemie hats in 3 different sizes  
 Depending on sizes, preemie hats on average can be completed for 35 - 55 cents each.



$ 7.00 - $ 8.00 = Complete Angel Ensemble
(Gown, hat/bonnet, booties and afghan/quilt)

For larger sizes, the cost may be slightly more.

For those who donate funds, I will supply photos of exactly what items were created with your gift.

Before closing, I'd like to share a new pattern I found for making a preemie bonnet.  I used this pattern as part of the pink Angel Ensemble pictured above.

This free pattern is for the Micro-preemie size only (1 - 2 lb.)...I'll use a different pattern for larger preemie sizes.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/micro-preemie-bonnet.html


It's time now to get back to sewing, laundry and housework!  I'm working on new projects and can't wait to finish them and post pictures in a few days.

Until next time...have a Blessed Day!

Grandma (Theresa)

No comments:

Post a Comment