"I call them my little butterflies. They flew in just long enough to steal a part of my heart, and then flew away to Heaven."

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quilts from Texas


We received a new box of baby items from our Texas group of crafters.  As you can see in the photo, they have been busy sewing quilts.  Sometimes, it is just too hot to crochet.....during those times true crafters don't put all their creative energy on the backburner...no....they just turn to a different craft....one that is more heat compatible!! :)  :)  :)

I must admit that I'm finding myself doing the same thing.  It's very difficult to crochet with sweaty hands which makes the yarn stick to your fingers.  On the really hot days, you will find me at my sewing machine or cutting our fabrics.  In the evenings, when the temperatures drop a little and I'm comfortably planted in front of the air conditioner....THEN I crochet! :)

Of course....judging from the above photo, someone must have spent a little time in front of an air conditioner since there are a few hats and two afghans included in the bunch.  :)

Lovely work ladies!  Once again we send you a BIG THANK YOU!!!! 

By the way, I've been experimenting with a few new patterns myself....some crocheted gowns and kimonos to go with these quilts to complete an Angel Ensemble.  I'll share all of this new information with everyone in a future post.

Until next time...many blessings,
Theresa (aka Grandma)

No comments:

Post a Comment