"I call them my little butterflies. They flew in just long enough to steal a part of my heart, and then flew away to Heaven."

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Crocheted Gown/Shirt for Preemie Boy


Recently I've been experiementing with a few new patterns.  Sometimes it is just nice to "switch it up" and try new things. :)

You can see and print out your own set of instructions for this shirt/gown at:

UPDATE MADE JANUARY 19, 2016....
It has been brought to our attention by a reader that the link below for the pattern no longer works.  I do apologize. I do not know where or how to find the pattern any longer.  I'm sure with a little work, you will be able to locate a similar pattern to help your future needs.
http://www.angels4preemies.com/micropreemieboyskimono.html

The crocheted shirt/gown you see above is an extremely simply pattern.  The pattern is originally considered to be an open front boys kimono, but I decided to make it and see if it would be appropriate for an open BACK outfit which is what is needed when dressing angel babies in the NICU. 



With a little "tweeking" of the pattern, I think it turned out great.  The pattern only has you put the ties at the neck....following the example of those ties....I added a second set of ties mid-ways down the back.


To make the micro-preemie size, I used a size F crochet hook.  I'm currently making another one using a size G crochet hook and will compare the differences in sizing.

This pattern is surprising quick to work up.  So if you're in the mood to try something new...go ahead and give this a whirl.

Blessings,
Grandma (aka Theresa)

4 comments:

  1. redfefered@yahoo.com....can't get the link to this pattern. plz help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. redfefered@yahoo.com....can't get the link to this pattern. plz help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you received the email I sent in response to your question. Unfortunately, the website with the pattern is no longer valid. Thank you for making us aware of this problem. As you can see, I have updated the actual blog post above with the information that the link no longer works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I love crocheting is there away for me to get this pattern

    ReplyDelete