"I call them my little butterflies. They flew in just long enough to steal a part of my heart, and then flew away to Heaven."

Friday, July 20, 2012

One Dear Crafter Now in Heaven with Babies She Helped

I felt a need this morning to share some news I learned of yesterday evening.  If you have been following our Grandma's Promise blog, you are aware of the fact that there is a group of ladies in Texas who have been consistently donating handcrafted items.

From the very beginning, this group of ladies has remained anonymous at their request....other than the one contact person for the group who has been a dear friend of mine for over 20 years (we met while our husband's were both in the Air Force and we were stationed at the same base). 

Even now, I do not know individual names of these ladies.....but I do know their hearts because of their faithful support to this mission. 

One of these dear women lost her battle with cancer this past Sunday.  My heart is humbled to realize that this woman, knowing that her time on earth was coming to an end, chose to use what precious time she had left to handcraft items that were needed to assemble our Angel Ensembles/Burial outfits. Items crafted for the tiniest of God's creation in an attempt to bring comfort to those babies' families in their grief.

I do not know her name, but I do know that she had a strong faith in the Lord.  The message I received last night said...

"She had donated some of the items in the first box that we sent. Now she walks the streets of glory with the angel babies. What a blessed hope that we all have."
It brings me comfort today to think that even though this beautiful lady and I never actually met, that when she meets our Morgan and Meghan in Heaven, I just have a feeling she will give them a big hug and let them know that their Grandma loves them.

I will close this post by sharing this photo of the first box of donations received by this lady and all the other wonderful women in this group.


So Texas Crafters....please share our heartfelt condolences with the family and friends of this lovely lady!

Blessings,
Grandma (aka Theresa)

No comments:

Post a Comment