"I call them my little butterflies. They flew in just long enough to steal a part of my heart, and then flew away to Heaven."

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gearing Up for New Donation

I know it's been awhile since there was a new post...but things have been relatively quiet as far as donations go.  Our crafters continue to work their magic producing beautiful items and I've just been waiting for the next opportunity to send out a batch.

Most of our hospitals still had Angel Ensembles on hand so they weren't ready for a new delivery just yet.  And of course, keep in mind that this is the time of year (during the holidays) when crafting groups will typically make their one time, or yearly donation of specific items (blankets or hats usually)...in other words, hospitals are probably receiving multiple donations during this time period.

Grandma's Promise is an on-going ministry and our hope is to keep the NICU's supplied all year round.  I've told each hospital that my intent is to have a stock of Angel Ensembles ready to be delivered at a moments notice.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, we are working towards adding at least one, possibly two more hospitals to our list of recipients.  I was notified this week that our newest hospital, Wilson NICU in Binghamton, NY is ready.  I'm now just waiting for word on the exact day and time to make this first donation to their hospital (possibly as early as tomorrow).

My sewing room table is slowly stacking up as I'm making sure each Ensemble has everything needed to complete the sets.


I have a container of afghans/quilts, one for hats, one for booties, one for gowns, and one for butterflies (and of course there are a few already complete Ensembles from those of you that are putting them together yourself).

I always think it is so neat to see individual items, made by different crafters, match perfectly to create a complete Angel Ensemble.  As an example.....


The soft peach micro-preemie sized cap, booties and butterfly was in a past donation package from our wonderful crafter Candy V. in NY.  She had actually sent an entire Ensemble using this yarn and that Ensemble was included in an earlier donation.  This hat, booties and butterfly (my guess) was crocheted using the leftover yarn she had from the first Ensemble.  I received another huge box of items this week from our Texas Crafters and as soon as I pulled this lovely afghan made from a varigated yarn in white, pink and PEACH....I instantly remembered the items I had stored from Candy V. just waiting to be matched and used to complete an Angel Ensemble.  The white crocheted gown was one left from a previous box of donations from the Texas Crafters.  Didn't the individual items make a precious set when paired together?

Needless to say, we have an awesome group of crafters (we couldn't do this without them)....but there's always room for more.  I wanted to share that we have added a new quilter to Grandma's Promise.  Please welcome Billie in NY! :)

Billie made three beautiful preemie quilts and I received them last week.  They are lined with a soft baby flannel and it is very evident the love and care she put into making these items.


Thank you Billie in NY!!!

Thank you also to Candy V. in NY, Rena in PA, Annie in NJ, Marianne in NY, Lillian in TN, Tertia in South Africa and the Texas Crafters!!!!!!  (I hope my feeble mind has not accidentally left someone out of the list!)

Blessings everyone!
Grandma (aka Theresa)

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! I would love to be a part of your amazing group of crafters. I love to knit...and have been meaning to direct my talent towards something substantial/charitable. I live near Binghamton, NY ---it would be so ideal to be able to help out locally this way. :O) Let me know if I can help!

    ReplyDelete