"I call them my little butterflies. They flew in just long enough to steal a part of my heart, and then flew away to Heaven."

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Donation Delivery to Holston Valley NICU


Just wanted to share a photo of a HUGE box of Angel Ensembles being delivered to Holston Valley NICU in Kingsport, Tennessee.  The box was so large that this young lady brought out a cart to roll it into the hospital after getting it out of my mom's car. :)

A big "Thank You" goes to my parents who allow me to mail items to their home and then they in turn hand deliver the donations (to the two different hospitals in Tennessee) with a smile.  Whenever possible we prefer to hand deliver our donations.  By doing so, we are putting "real people and faces" behind the name "Grandma's Promise".

We want everyone involved....the hospital administration, the NICU nurses and doctors, and of course the families of the babies who receive these items, to know that the crafters of these items are people who truly put their hearts into this ministry.

We CARE!

Thank you crafters for all you do!

Grandma (aka Theresa)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your page via a google search about donating preemie quilts. Do you collect them and then send them out to various hospitals? How do you approach the hospitals about setting up donations? I live in the Chicago-land area and I'm having trouble getting a response back from our local children's hospital (which has a huge NICU)... I'm not sure where else to ask. I'd love for my guild to be able to work on some quilts using blocks we have left over etc. It'd be a good creative project as well as a great way to help our community -- If I could only figure out the logistics!

    Oh and have you seen this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/amygunson/7318368260/in/set-72157630040305192) pattern for preemie hospital gowns? I'm online friends with Amy who donates them to NICU's in Austrailia. The pattern is linked in the picture details.

    ReplyDelete